Passion

Passion
Ending Point

Friday 24 June 2011

Clouds #1

I love clouds. As a child I spent most of my free time staring at the sky making sense of these cotton-like blobs, trying to guess what person, place or thing they looked like most.

When I heard Joni Mitchell's "Both Sides Now", it reminded me of my childhood - so hard and confusing at the time, now as simple and plain as eggshell white if I were to do it all over again.

When I was at my school late in the morning, working on my final collection, I had heard this song on the radio station playing in the room across the hall. Again, it reminded me of a time I thought to be simple now and how laying in the grass looking up at clouds would be so much fun. 
I realized that whatever way I viewed the world, or my experiences, there is always another side. 

If you are stuck in the negative flip it to the positive - see both sides.



Both Sides Now
Rows and flows of angel hair 
And ice cream castles in the air 
And feather canyons everywhere
I've looked at clouds that way

But now they only block the sun
They rain and snow on everyone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way
I've looked at clouds from both sides now

From up and down, and still somehow
It's cloud illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all
...


No comments:

Post a Comment